What is Polyiso INSULATION
Polyisocyanurate (polyiso) is a closed-cell, rigid foam board insulation consisting of a foam core sandwiched between two facers. The facers are composed of various organic and inorganic materials. It is used in over 70% of commercial and residential markets for both wall and roof applications.
BENEFITS OF USING POLYISO
- Low environmental impact
- CFC, HCFC, HFC free blowing agent
- Virtually no global warming potential
- Zero ozone depletion potential
- Cost effective, optimized energy performance
- Long service life
- Recyclable through reuse
- Recycled content (amount varies by product)
- Regional materials (nationwide production network)
- Meets new continuous insulation (ci) standards
- Quality Mark™ certified LTTR-values
- High R-Value per inch of thickness
- Thinner walls and roofs with shorter fasteners
- Excellent fire test performance
- Extensive building code approvals
- Preferred insurance ratings
- Compatible with most roof and wall systems
- Moisture resistance
- Dimensional stability
- Compressive strength
Insulation is the product found to provide the greatest investment return and offer the most carbon abatement. Polyiso – which Forbes considers a “green” insulation – offers the highest R-value in its class, with a 20% - 70% greater R-value per inch than any other rigid foam plastic insulation.
What Makes us Stand Out
Rmax has always been a leader in energy conservation. In 1978, Rmax began creating insulation solutions based on the latest building science as a response to the energy crisis.
We offer a full line of high quality, polyiso-based roof, wall and specialty insulation products for commercial, industrial and residential applications delivering maximum R-values and minimum environmental impact, with efficiency in installation, cost and design.
Following the recent Sika acquisition, Rmax anticipates even greater energy-saving opportunities and looks forward to further embracing its sustainable culture and expanding its sustainable vision.